baked warm gooey oats whilst it’s snowing outside please!
Again this dish is vegan and can be tailored to your gluten free needs if required. Although overnight oats are my go to, this is still so easy and quick to make, even when you’re in a rush in the morning. Simply chuck all your ingredients in a little oven friendly dish and bake for 15-20 minutes, whilst you shower or get ready for the day.
I’ve added my go to salted caramel protein from awesomesupps into mine, but feel free to omit or add any protein of your choice. For a chocolatey flavour you could even add half a teaspoon of cacao powder. Adding mashed banana to the oats gives a lovely texture and flavour.
But the best bit… Adding a spoonful of peanut butter in the middle of the mixture so when you dig in, you are pleasantly surprised by some nutty deliciousness. Decorate how you please. I opted for some cacao nibs because you can never have too much chocolate, especially for breakfast. And the rest of the banana because food should not be wasted of course.
Makes 1 bowl
takes approx. 20 minutes in total.
For the porridge mixture
1 scoop of vegan protein of choice (as mentioned above I use salted caramel from awesomesupps)
65g porridge oats (gluten free if required)
170ml unsweetened almond milk (soy or oat will work fine)
2 tablespoons of chia seeds
1/2 mashed banana
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
1 teaspoon of baking powder
For the topping
1/2 sliced banana (so you’ll need 1 in total)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine oats, protein, almond milk, chia seeds, 1/2 mashed banana and baking powder.
3. Transfer half of your mixture into your oven proof dish of choice, and then add your peanut butter. Then cover with the rest of your oat mixture.
4. Slice the rest of banana and place on top and sprinkle some cacao nibs as desired.
5. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes.
Please let me know your thoughts. Share and tag me in your pictures 🙂