You cannot beat Thai food
Thai food isn’t something we have very often, but after making this dish I’ve decided I need to make more Thai food. I forgot how lovely that coconut-lemongrass flavour is!
This dish is super simple to make. Dairy free, egg free and meat free, I found this dish nice and light. The vegetables give the dish a nice crunch and add a lovely colour.
No culinary skills are required so there’s so excuses here. And all made on the hob (Beth one for you haha!). I hope you all enjoy this as much as we did.
feeds 2 people
takes approx. 25 minutes in total.
1 block of tofu (I used smoked tofuu, this doesn’t need draining)
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of green Thai curry paste
1/2 white onion (finely chopped)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 can of coconut milk
85g baby corn (cut into chunks)
½ courgette (cut into thin slices)
1/2 red pepper (cut into thin strips)
75g green beans (trimmed)
1 red chilli (finely chopped)
1 sachet of rice (I used basmati)
1 stalk of lemongrass
1. Cut your block of tofu into chunks and place in a bowl to marinate with the soy sauce.
2. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook your green beans. Drain once cooked.
3. On a wok or large pan, sauté your onion and garlic. Then add your green curry paste and combine, stirring frequently.
4. Very finely slice the lemongrass, starting at the thinner end. Add to your wok.
4. Add your tofu, baby corn, red pepper, green beans, courgette and coconut milk. Cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
5. Garnish with red chill and serve with rice or accompaniment as desired.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @lucyhosier