a healthy snack/breakfast or dessert coming your way…
Quick, easy, healthy muffins which will get you out of trouble and stop you reaching for a chocolate bar. And just as delicious, these can be enjoyed guilt free.
These muffins are egg and dairy free. They can also be gluten free if you substitute the flour with one of a gluten free variety. The blueberries add gooeyness to the texture and the lemon zest gives a nice citrusy zing. They are so easy to make so no excuses!
Makes 12 muffins
takes approx. 25 minutes
200g fresh blueberries
75ml unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoon of coconut oil (melted)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
115g flour (I used wholemeal, use Gluten Free if required)
80g of coconut flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
150ml unsweetened almond milk (or other dairy free alternative)
The zest and juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F., and grease your muffin tray.
2. In a large bowl, mix your applesauce, coconut oil, vanilla and almond milk.
3. In another bowl, mix your coconut sugar, flours, baking powder and salt.
4. Slowly mix your dry ingredients into the wet.
5. Fold in your blueberries and lemon zest and empty evenly into your muffin tray.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Best eaten when warm – but if not, seal in an airtight container and eat within 3 days.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats