For all of my fellow biscuit lovers out there
Makes 15 biscuits
takes approx. 1 hour
300g almond flour (I ground whole almonds in a food processor)
2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
100ml maple syrup
3 tablespoons dairy free milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
40g dairy free dark chocolate chunks (I broke up a bar of 70% moser roth from aldi)
1 teaspoon coconut oil
50g of melted dairy free dark chocolate for dunking
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F., and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Combine almond flour, arrowroot flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Then add your chocolate chunks.
3. In another mixing bowl, combine the maple syrup, coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla extract.
4. Empty and mix the dry ingredients into the wet and thoroughly combine.
5. Mould your dough into two log shapes about 1 and 1/2 inches wide and place onto your baking tray.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Take out and let cool completely before cutting your log into slices (diagonally, not long ways).
8. Place your slices on their side and bake for another 6 minutes.
9. Turn your cookies onto the other side and turn your baking tray around and bake for another 6 minutes.
10. Once your biscuits have cooled, dip them in chocolate and add your flakes almonds. Leave on parchment paper until chocolate has set.
Store in airtight container for 5-7 days.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats