These stuffed potatoes are gluten, dairy and meat free. Vibrant in colour, this dish is simple to put together. The black beans providing protein and the flavour from the paprika and chilli. And garnished with some vegan cheese and avocado chunks. They are perfectly delicious to be eaten on their own or feel free to serve with a nice salad.
feeds 2 people
takes approx. 1 hour in total.
2 large sweet potatoes
1 can of black beans(drained and rinsed)
1 red pepper (diced)
1 avocado (cut into small chunks)
oil of choice (I use 1kcal coconut spray)
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
sprinkle of vegan cheese
1.Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. Clean and pierce your potatoes with a fork and put in the microwave for 15 minutes.
3. Transfer them onto a baking tray, and spray with oil of choice and season with salt. Bake in oven for approx. 25 minutes until potatoes are fork tender and cooked.
3. After 15 minutes of your potatoes cooking in the oven, start preparing the topping. On a medium heat in a pan, add some oil and your pepper and black beans. Season with paprika and chilli powder and combine thoroughly.
4. Take potatoes out of the oven, cut open and scrape 1/4 of the potato off of the top of each half and add this to the pan with your black beans and pepper.
5. Fill your potatoes with your mixture and garnish with your cheese then avocado chunks.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats