Here is a healthier alternative to cereals, rice krispies to be exact. But even though the nutritional content is much better for you than normal rice krispies, these taste so much better!
These are made of the same rice puffs that I used to make my https://whatluceeats.wordpress.com/2018/03/27/no-bake-chocolate-crispy-donuts/
What’s best is that if you manage to have any left over, you can simply store in an airtight container and enjoy another time. Making this a perfect meal prep recipe. These breakfast puffs can be enjoyed with the addition of milk (plant-based like almond or soy if you are vegan) or with fruit and yoghurt.
feed 2 people
takes approx. 15 minutes in total.
65g of rice puffs
3 tablespoons of peanut butter
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Tiny pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. In a saucepan, on a low-medium heat add the peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Combine thoroughly and heat until a liquid forms.
3. Add your rice puffs to a mixing bowl then pour your warm liquid over the top. Mix well and then transfer the puffs to a bake tray.
4. Bake in oven for approx. ten minutes until crispy.
5. Take out and leave to cool before serving.
Store leftovers in an airtight container
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats