Light, delicious, coconut-ty goodness
A light, flavoursome dish perfect for these warmer evenings. 7 different vegetables included, so your 5-a-day is easily satisfied. The red thai paste adds bundles of flavour to this vibrant dish, and knocked together in no time at all this dish is super easy to make.
This dish is meat, egg and dairy free and leaves you feeling full and satisfied without that stuffed feeling. Since eating a plant based diet I have found that I rarely get that uncomfortably stuffed feeling after eating. Don’t get me wrong, I still feel full. But not that horrible stuffy feeling.
If any of these vegetables aren’t in season, feel free to swap for others that are. As long as you cut them up pretty small, anything will be delicious.
feeds 4 people
takes approx. 25 minutes in total.
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of red Thai curry paste
1/2 white onion (finely chopped)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 can of coconut milk
85g baby corn (cut into chunks)
½ courgette (cut into thin slices)
1/2 red pepper (cut into thin strips)
75g green beans (trimmed)
1 carrot (sliced)
1 red chilli (finely chopped)
1 sachet of rice (I used basmati)
1 stalk of lemongrass
1. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook your green beans and carrots. Drain once cooked.
2. On a wok or large pan, sauté your onion and garlic. Then add your red thai curry paste and combine, stirring frequently.
4. Very finely slice the lemongrass, starting at the thinner end. Add to your wok.
4. Add your baby corn, red pepper, green beans, courgette, carrot, peas, tofu, soy sauce and coconut milk. Cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
5. Garnish with red chilli and serve with rice or accompaniment as desired.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats