healthy breakfast or snack on the go
No time in the morning to make a healthy breakfast? Need something quick to grab on the go? Fed up of buying over priced bars for pre or post workout?
Look no further…
These flapjacks are 100% plant based, and can be gluten free if you use gluten free oats. They contain no refined sugars and are so easy to make.
Keep this on you for food emergencies!
Makes 8 flapjacks
takes approx. 40 minutes in total.
75g dates(soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes and drained)
75g of smooth peanut butter
250g oats (gluten free if required)
2 ripe bananas
pinch of cinnamon (feel free to add more if you desire)
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F, and line a 8″ x 8″ tin with parchment paper or grease if the base is detachable.
2. In a food processor blitz your dates until a paste is formed.
3. Add your peanut butter, bananas, cinnamon and salt and blitz again until combined.
4. Mix in your oats and then empty mixture into baking tin pressing down firmly.
5. Bake in oven for 30 minutes before taking out to cool. Once cool, cut into bars.
Store in an airtight container and consume within 5 days.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats