Something a little different from my usual tofu recipes which normally are Asian flavour themed. This time trying a little Indian style. The creaminess of the coconut works so well with the tofu and spices.
This dish takes no time at all and is full of so much flavour. Serve with rice or veg and you’ve got yourself an easy taste dinner which is gluten, dairy and meat free.
feeds 2 people
takes approx. 25 minutes in total.
1 block of tofu (drained and cut into small chunks)
1 white onion (diced)
1 teaspoon of ginger (I use squeezy but grated is fine)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
1/2 a red chilli (sliced)
1 teaspoon of garam masala
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 can of coconut milk
1 red pepper (diced)
1 teaspoon of tomato puree
sprinkle of salt
black sesame seeds
1. In a pan over a medium heat, sauté your onion for a couple of minutes with oil of choice before adding your ginger, garlic, red chilli, garam masala, paprika, ground coriander, ground turmeric and cayenne pepper. Combine thoroughly.
2. Add your peppers and tomato puree.
3. Next, add your tofu chunks and gently combine to coat all of the tofu.
4. Add your coconut milk, mix thoroughly and season with salt before leaving to simmer for approx. 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
5. Serve with rice and garnish with coriander (if you like it!) or sesame seeds in my case.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats