with chocolate chips, obviously.
A banana loaf in muffin form. Yes please.
These muffins are free from eggs, dairy, refined sugars and gluten (if you use GF oats). They are super quick and easy to make, and contain no hidden nastys. Perfect for a healthy breakfast, snack or dessert. The possibilities are endless.
I love using bananas in my baking, especially since eating a plant based diet. Mainly because of the flavour, but also because of the great texture they provide. They are great for binding ingredients together which is great for a vegan baker as you aren’t using eggs, which usually play the binding role.
makes 8 muffins
takes approx. 25 minutes
2 bananas (mashed)
40g dark chocolate chips
60ml coconut oil (melted)
200g oat flour (I blitz oats in food processor, use gluten free if required)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
30 ml dairy free milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F, and grease your muffin tin.
2. In a mixing bowl add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips and combine thoroughly.
3. Fold in your chocolate chips (save a handful) and empty mixture evenly into muffin tin. Then press the remaining handful of chocolate chips in the top of the muffins.
4. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
5. Let cool slightly before removing from muffin tin.
Best eaten warm. Store in an airtight container and consume within 5 days.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats