perfect for BBQ’s this summer
Another quick and easy tofu recipe for the whole family. This dish requires no culinary expertise and can be adapted to your veg and spice requirements. The combinations of spices used give a ‘fajita’ taste and the lime and orange add a citrusy zest to them. If you have longer to leave the tofu marinating, go for it. The longer the better, but if you’re like me and have forgotten and are starving – then 15 minutes will still be enough to get a lovely flavour nevertheless.
I serve mine with some chunky homemade guacamole and a side of spicy rice to keep with the Mexican theme but feel free to serve with whatever you wish!
feeds 4 people
takes approx. 40 minutes in total.
For the tofu and marinade
1 block of tofu(I used smoked tofuu, this doesn’t need pressing/drying)
3 tablespoons of lime juice
1 tablespoon of lime zest
3 tablespoons of orange juice
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of garlic granules (or 1 crushed garlic clove)
1 teaspoon of coconut sugar
1 teaspoon of chilli powder
2 teaspoons of cumin
1 teaspoon of paprika
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
For the rest of the kebabs
1 red pepper (diced in 1 inch chunks)
1 yellow pepper (diced in 1 inch chunks)
1 green pepper (diced in 1 inch chunks)
2 white onion (diced in 1 inch chunks)
Optional – but I serve with
Guacamole made from:
– 1 avocado
– 1 tablespoon of diced red onion
– 1 tablespoon of diced tomato
handful of coriander
1. In a mixing bowl, add your lime juice and zest, orange juice, olive oil, garlic, coconut sugar, chilli powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Combine.
2. Cut your block of tofu into 1 inch cubes and marinate in the sauce. Turn frequently and let soak for about 15 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
4. Using skewers, assemble your tofu, peppers and onion in order of choice.
5. Place skewers on a tray and bake in oven for 25 minutes.
6. Whilst the skewers are cooking, combine your avocado, red onion and tomato to make the guacamole.
7. Take kebabs out of the oven, garnish with coriander and enjoy!
Share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats