the perfect brunch to fill you up.
This dish is loaded with flavour, spice and zest yet free from meat, dairy and gluten. Full of healthy fats from avocado and crunch from the salsa, this breakfast/brunch or even light dinner is easy and quick to make and will be enjoyed by all the family.
feeds 2 people
takes approx. 30 minutes in total.
For the Hash
450g sweet potato (peeled and cut into cubes)
2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
1 white onion (diced) (save 2 tablespoons for the salsa below)
oil of choice (I use 1kcal coconut spray)
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 a teaspoon of ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of fresh coriander
For the Guacamole
1 tablespoon of diced red onion
1 tablespoon of diced tomato
pinch of chilli flakes
For the Salsa
50g cherry tomatoes (diced)
2 tablespoons of white onion (diced)
1 tablespoons of fresh coriander
and sriracha sauce and a squeeze of lime to drizzle over.
To make the Hash
1. In a pan over a medium heat, add your oil of choice. Next add your onion and garlic and let sauté for a couple of minutes.
2. Add your smoked paprika, cumin and ground turmeric and combine.
3. Finally add your sweet potato chunks, season with the salt, drizzle with a little bit of oil and cook for 20-25 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.
4. Take the potatoes off the heat and stir in the coriander and homemade salsa.
To make the Guacamole
1. Cut your avocado into chunks and add to a bowl.
2. Simply add your chopped red onion, tomato and chilli flakes and mix/crush with a fork until you reach your desired consistency. I like mine quite chunky.
To make the Salsa
1. Simply combine all ingredients together. As above, mix in with your potato hash befor serving.
1. Load you plate with the Hash and salsa mix, top with guacamole and drizzle over some sriracha should you want an extra kick.
2. Squeeze fresh line for a citrusy zest.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats