Crumbled flavoured tofu… mmmm
This recipe is a complete game changer. Who would have thought you can crumble tofu and get the same texture as ground meat? Yet still have a meat and dairy free dinner. It proves yet again how important flavouring is!
These tacos are super easy to make and are perfect for cooking for large groups! 1 block of tofu surprisingly crumbles into a large amount. The seasoning gives the tofu a lovely kick which is complemented and cooked by the salsa and avocado chunks.
Full of colour and flavour these tacos are juicy and hit the spot!
Feeds 2 people
takes approx. 25 minutes in total.
For the tofu
1 block of firm tofu (I used smoked tofoo for added smoky flavour)
4 tablespoons of salsa
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of chilli powder
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 teaspoon of garlic granules/powder
1/2 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning (optional)
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
For the rest of the tacos
4 large or 8 small tortilla wraps
Coriander to garnish
To make the tofu
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. In a bowl add your soy sauce, chilli powder, paprika, cumin, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper and garlic granules. Coming thoroughly.
3. Next crumble your tofu into tiny pieces and empty in your bowl with the seasoning. Mix well.
4. On a lined baking tray, add your crumbled tofu and spread evenly across the tray.
5. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on the tofu to ensure it doesn’t burn. Toss and stir the tofu every 5 minutes or so.
6. Take tofu out of oven and stir in your salsa until combined. Feel free to heat in saucepan on a medium heat to warm the tofu/salsa more.
1. Fill your tortilla wraps with your tofu mix and top with red cabbage, cherry tomatoes and avocado. Garnish with lime juice and coriander.
Share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats