the chocolate hazelnut combination is back
I present you these no bake dairy free delights. These squares are perfectly crunchy yet have a rich chocolatey top to compliment. Hazelnut and dark chocolate combine together amazingly and I promise they will be liked by all.
Unfortunately these squares aren’t gluten free because of the biscuits, but feel free to substitute with some gluten free biscuits. I’m sure you will still get a yummy result.
Using different 3 different textures of hazelnuts, these have a slight Nutella-y taste which is soooo good. No oven required, just a fridge to set, I hope you and the family love these treats just as much as we do.
makes 16 flapjacks
takes approx. 50 minutes
For the base
400g arrowroot biscuits/rich teas
150g ground hazelnuts (ground whole hazelnuts in processor into a fine meal)
70g chopped hazelnuts (ground whole hazelnuts into chunks in processor)
3 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
120ml of coconut oil
For the chocolate topping
200g of dairy free dark chocolate
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
3/4 Cup of chopped hazelnuts (ground whole hazelnuts into chunks in processor)
70g) of whole hazelnuts
To make the base
1. Line a square tin with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil (if the base is detachable). I use a 10″ x 10″ tin, but feel free to use any size, remembering your flapjacks may look a little different in terms of the layering.
2. In a food processor, add your biscuits and blend until crumbs are formed. Don’t over blend to a meal!
3. Empty biscuit crumbs into a large mixing bowl and add your ground hazelnuts, chopped hazelnuts, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut oil.
4. Using a spoon or hands mix until combined.
5. Empty mixture into tin, spread evenly and press down firmly.
6. Place in fridge whilst you make your chocolate topping.
To make the chocolate topping
1. Melt your dark chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth and combined.
2. Empty in your chopped hazelnuts and combine, before pouring on top of your base.
3. Lastly, scatter your whole hazelnuts on top before placing back in the fridge to set for approx. 40 minutes.
4. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Store in fridge and consume within 2 weeks.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats