yes you heard it right, doughnuts for breakfast
Another healthy breakfast recipe for when you’re on the go. Cook up a batch of these baked doughnuts and your breakfasts are sorted for the week!
Free from refined sugars, dairy and eggs and gluten if you use GF oats, these breakfast doughnuts can be enjoyed guilt free. They are naturally sweetened by the bananas and maple syrup, and are basically baked oats in a doughnut form.
The dark chocolate and banana combination is one that works in everything!
I love eating these doughnuts with some yoghurt and fruit in the morning.
makes 6-8 doughnuts depending on size of tin
takes approx. 20 minutes
120g oats (gluten-free if required)
30g brown rice flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
120ml almond milk
2 small bananas or 1 and 1/2 large bananas (mashed)
75g almond butter
3 tablespoons of maple syrup
45g dark chocolate chips
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F, and grease your doughnut tin.
2. In a mixing bowl add your oats, brown rice flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Combine.
3. Next add your almond milk, mashed bananas, almond butter and maple syrup. Combine until everything comes together.
4. Fold in your chocolate chips and then empty mixture into your doughnut tin. Take pic in doughnut tin
5. Place in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
6. Let cool slightly before removing from doughnut tin.
Best eaten warm. Store in an airtight container and consume within 5 days.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats