I love mushrooms and I love gnocchi. So why not put them together with some creaminess and serve for dinner. This recipe is 100% vegan and super easy to make. It is comforting and perfect for serving large groups of people.
Gnocchi is from the pasta family yet made from potatoes and flour into small dumpling sized pieces which take virtually no time at all to cook. So when you’ve no time to cook your jacket potatoes in the oven, turn to the gnocchi!
The soya cream and vegan mozzarella make the dish creamy and provide a rich flavour. I serve my bake with a refreshing salad but feel free to serve with something else or simply eat on its own.
Feeds 2 people
takes approx. 30 minutes in total.
4 shallots (finely diced)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
handful of spinach
250g of mushrooms (I used a mixture of chestnut, shiitake and closed cup)
500g of gnocchi
sprinkle of salt
sprinkle of pepper
80ml of soy cream (I used Alpro Soy Cream)
50ml of vegetable stock (I used half a vegetable stock cube and boiling water)
vegan mozzarella or cheese of choice (I used Bute Island Mozzarella)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. On a medium heat, add your oil and fry your shallots and garlic in a pan for a couple of minutes until browned.
3. Half or slice your mushrooms depending on size and add to pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add the gnocchi along with the vegetable stock and soya cream. Combine, taste and season if necessary.
5. Next stir in your spinach.
6. Transfer your mixture into an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with vegan mozzarella or cheese or choice, and bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted to your preference.
Share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats