the perfect little snack
Gluten and Dairy free, these vegan take on ferrero rockers are delicious and full of nutritional benefits. The hazelnuts are packed with healthy fats and proteins and the cacao powder full of antioxidants. Only 6 ingredients are needed to make these rockers and they are so quick and easy to make, with no baking required.
I think these are fab for a pre/post workout snack or when you are craving sugar (which if you’re anything like me, this is always!) Snacking doesn’t have to be boring. And the ingredients for these are cheap to buy, so why spend fortunes on supermarket snacks when you can prep these for the week ahead.
Plus they are pretty fun to make, so for those of you with little ones why not get them to lend a hand. No oven is required, just a little help from your freezer. And once they’re set, just pop them in a tupperware container and store them in the fridge.
Makes 10 Ferrero Rochers
takes approx. 40 minutes
10 whole roasted hazelnuts
135g roasted hazelnuts
2 heaped tablespoons of cacao powder
sprinkle of salt
3 tablespoons of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
chopped hazelnuts (to garnish on each ferrero rocher)
1. In a food processor, blitz your 135g of hazelnuts into fine pieces.
2. Then add your cacao powder, vanilla extract, salt and blitz again.
3. Add your maple syrup and coconut oil and blitz again. The mixture should start to stick together.
4. Roll the mixture into 10 (approx 20/21g) small round balls and add 1 whole hazelnut into the centre of each ball.
5. Place in freezer for 15 minutes then roll your balls in the chopped hazelnuts and place back in freezer for another 15 minutes.
Store in fridge!
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats