a loaf with a nutty twist
The versatility of any kind of baked loaf is ridiculous. Chocolate, banana, courgettes, lemon, dates, nuts whatever you desire. The possibilities are endless. A fave combination of mine has got to be a standard banana loaf with walnuts so voila… here we have it.
Free from refined sugars, I have used coconut sugar to naturally sweeten the loaf. The loaf is free from eggs and gluten (if you use GF flour). Mix everything together and bake and you’re done!
I find a slice of this loaf goes down perfectly with a cup of tea or coffee and is healthy and guilt-free eating.
Makes 1 loaf
takes approx. 45 minutes
Please note the below quantities are for a 1lb (smaller) banana loaf disk. Multiply amounts by 2 if using a standard dish.
2 large or 3 small bananas (mashed)
20g flaxseed (optional)
100ml of dairy free milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
65ml of coconut oil (melted)
20ml maple syrup
45g coconut sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
150g whole grain flour (use gluten free if required)
chopped walnuts to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F, and grease a loaf tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all of the wet ingredients including mashed bananas.
3. Next add your dry ingredients apart from the chopped walnuts.
4. Empty mixture into loaf tin and place your chopped walnuts on top (press them in slightly).
5. Bake in oven for approximately 50 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
6. Let cool before taking out of tin.
Store in airtight container and consume within 5 days.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats