Oh cookies… it’s been a while
These delicious cookies are free from eggs, dairy and refined sugars. They can also be free from gluten should you swap the oat flour for a gluten free variety. They take no time at all to whip together and have a lovely almondy flavour, especially if you use almond extract.
makes approx. 15 cookies
takes approx. 20 minutes
180g of oat flour (oats blitzed in food processor)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
120g almond butter
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
25g of coconut sugar
70ml of maple syrup
2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons of flaxseed with 4 tablespoons of water, left to soak for 10 minutes)
1 teaspoon of vanilla or 1/2 a teaspoon of almond extract
35g dark chocolate chips/chunks
1.Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients and combine (oat flour, baking powder, coconut sugar and salt).
3. In another mixing bowl add your wet ingredients and combine (almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla/almond extract).
4. Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and combine.
5. Next fold in half of your chocolate chunks/chips.
6. On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, roll your mixture into approx. 15 balls and then flatten into cookie shapes. Be careful not to place your cookies too close together. They will expand when baking.
7. Push your remaining chocolate chunks/chips into your cookies and bake in oven for between 10-14 minutes.
8. Take out and leave to cool before enjoying!
Store in an airtight container and consume within 5 days.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats