A quick and simple recipe that requires an easy marinade for succulent, sweet and sticky sausages, ready in 20 minutes!
This dish is free from meat and dairy and is perfect to whip together when entertaining guests, or instead of putting your skewers in the oven put them on the BBQ!
The combinations of ingredients for the marinade give a lovely flavour and taste so good with red onions.
I used Linda McCartney Vegetarian Sausages as they are vegan and don’t collapse when you cut them up.
feeds 2 people
takes approx. 20 minutes in total.
6 Vegan Sausages
2 large red onions (cut into chunks)
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
1 tablespoon of lime juice
1/2 teaspoon of garlic granules
1/2 teaspoon of coconut sugar
handful of fresh coriander
1 red chilli (sliced)
crushed peanuts to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. In a bowl, combine your maple syrup, sesame oil, lime juice, garlic granules and coconut sugar.
3. Next, cut each sausage into 3 pieces and load your sausage and onion chunks onto skewers.
4. Garnish each skewer with your sauce, making sure all sides are coated.
5. Place in oven for 12-15 minutes.
6. Garnish with coriander, red chilli and crushed peanuts.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats