looking for a healthy vegan snack
Well here are my vegan rice crispy squares which are naturally sweetened and made sticky by dates and peanut butter.
I use Kallo Puffed Rice meaning these Rice Crispy squares are not only free from refined sugars but gluten as well.
A runny peanut butter is preferred but if not, just give it a little more heat on the pan and you’ll reach the desired consistency.
Makes 9 squares
takes approx. 40 minutes
90g puffed rice
175g dates (soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes)
180g smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
sprinkle of sea salt
1. In your food processor add your dates, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Blitz until a paste is formed. You may have to scrape down the sides of your processor a few times.
2. Empty paste into a saucepan over a medium heat for a few minutes to soften further.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add your puffed rice and salt.
4. Next add your paste and fold together. You might find it easier to use your hands to do this.
5. Line a dish with parchment paper and empty your mixture into it.
6. Flatten and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Slice and Enjoy!
The smaller the dish you use, the thicker the bars will be. Take your pick!
Store in fridge!
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats