raw, vegan, chocolate-y deliciousness
This was a trial and error recipe and my first time making macaroons (and eating vegan ones). And I’m so impressed with how they came out. The real truth about why I wanted to come up with a macaroon recipe, was because I wanted to use my new ice cream scoop. I know, what a saddo!
I love that this recipe contains simple ingredients and is fun to make. The texture and flavour of the shredded coconut is fluffy and dreamy. And no baking is required.
So these choc chip macaroons are free from dairy, egg and gluten (as long as you make sure your chocolate hasn’t got any hiding in).
A cookie dough recipe (using my scoop again obvs) is pending. Watch this space.
Makes 10 macaroons approximately
takes 2 hours in total.
190g almond flour (ground almonds in food processor)
210g desiccated coconut
100ml of maple syrup
75ml coconut oil (melted)
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
½ teaspoon of salt
100g of dairy free chocolate chips
100g dark chocolate
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Blitz your almonds in a food processor until they are finely ground into a flour.
2. Empty into a mixing bowl and add your desiccated coconut, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt. Combine.
3. Next, fold in your chocolate chips.
4. Using an ice cream scoop or your hands, shape the mixture into balls and place on a plate.
5. Place the plate in the fridge for 90 minutes.
6. Melt your dark chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave and them dip your macaroons into the chocolate.
7. Place them on parchment paper back on the plate, back in the fridge to set for approx. 30 minutes.
Store your macaroons in an air tight container in the fridge.
Share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats