Need a vegetable accompaniment for your curry night?
I’ve got you sorted. I find a veg dish always goes down a treat on curry night. I’ll serve up a big curry, rice, a potato dish, veg dish and normally some form of bhajis. I love carbs. All vegan of course, and all amazing! Any leftovers get reheated the following evening for dinner, and in my opinion taste even better where they’ve been left to sit in their marinades.
Cauliflower and broccoli absorb the spices really well and roasting them at a high heats gives them the loveliest of flavours. You’ll probably have the majority of the spice ingredients already in your cupboards as well.
Sprinkle with some diced chilli to finish and serve them up with the rest of your wonderful homemade dishes.
feeds 4 people
takes approx. 25 minutes in total.
1 broccoli head (cut into florets)
1 cauliflower head (cut into florets)
1 red chilli (diced)
1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
275ml of vegetable stock
1 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 teaspoon of garam masala
1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/390°F.
2. In a saucepan of water, on a medium heat, add your broccoli and cauliflower florets and boil for 10 minutes to slightly soften.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine your cumin seeds, vegetable stock, cumin, garam masala and ground coriander.
4. Drain your florets and add to bowl of spices. Toss and coat the florets evenly.
5. Empty onto a baking tray and drizzle any remaining spice mixture over the top.
6. Bake in oven for 15 minutes, before sprinkling with your diced chilli and serving.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats