Ever had a fruity pancake?
Been fancying this for breakfast for a long time. This mixture will also make several small pancakes if you want to stack em’ high but I quite enjoy making one (or two) big ones and stuffing them with fresh chopped fruit and yoghurt.
This is a perfect healthy breakfast recipe with added protein from the protein powder (feel free to omit, or use your own preference of protein) and fibre from the flaxseed. The majority of people do not get enough fibre into their diets and this is a perfect way of ensuring you do! I use Linwoods Milled Flaxseed which is great for chucking into things like pancakes, smoothies and porridge.
Makes 4 large pancakes
takes 15 minutes in total.
1 sachet of vanilla protein (I used WheyBox)
250ml dairy-free milk (I used unsweetened almond)
15g flaxseed (I used Linwoods)
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1 teaspoon of baking powder
75g oat flour (I blitz oats in the food processor)
25g whole wheat flour
dairy-free yoghurt (I used alpro coconut)
1. In a mixing bowl combine your flaxseed, maple syrup, dairy-free milk, vanilla protein, baking powder,oat flour and whole wheat flour. Let sit for a few minutes.
2. Next, on a medium heat melt some dairy free butter and heat up for a couple of minutes.
3. Add enough of your pancake mixture to cover the whole pan thinly.
4. Flip your pancake (delicately) over once bubbles appear in the middle. This should be after approx. 3 minutes.
5. Cook for 2 minutes more on the other side and then empty onto plate and fill with your dairy-free yoghurt and fresh fruit.
Share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats