Terry’s Chocolate Orange who?
Since following a vegan diet I am yet to find some nice dairy free orange chocolate. I thought I’d take it upon myself to create something of the kind. And yes this is better than the new Bourneville Chocolate Orange trust me! (although it is pretty delicious, just nowhere near as pretty as my fudge).
So no baking required and it’s free from dairy, eggs and gluten. Only 4 simple ingredients are needed it will be in your freezer setting within 10 minutes. You should need to have a little patience letting it set.
The creaminess of the coconut milk makes the consistency of the fudge perfect. They’re perfect for entertaining guests and there’s enough in each batch that you can keep going back again and again if you’re anything like me.
makes 32 squares
takes approx. 2 hours
1 can (400ml) of coconut milk (I used light)
500g dairy free dark chocolate
3 teaspoons of orange extract
The zest of one orange
1. Melt your chocolate in the microwave until smooth.
2. In a mixing bowl, add your coconut milk, orange extract and zest.
3. Pour in your melted chocolate and whisk until combined.
4. Line a baking tray (I used a rectangular one) with parchment paper, and then pour your chocolate orange mixture into it.
5. Smooth mixture, and place in freezer to set for approx. 2 hours.
6. Using a sharp knife, slice into bars and decorate with orange should you desire.
Store in fridge!
Trick – to get an extra smooth cut, trying warming up your knife under the hot tap. To get an even smoother cut, make sure you wash the knife each time you cut a new line. A little tedious but if you’re OCD like me then it will help.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats