turning protein balls into protein bites
I saw somebody make some protein squares recently on instagram and i thought what a great idea. Why not make them square rather than circular?
These are the perfect protein packed healthy treat that are free from dairy, eggs and gluten (use GF oats) and have no hidden nasty ingredients.
They’re super simple and quick to make, and require no baking. Get a batch in your fridge ready for the week to avoid sugary/processed snacks.
makes approx. 28 bites
takes approx. 30 minutes
160g of oat flour (oats blitzed in food processor)
2 scoops of vegan protein (I used salted caramel flavour from awesomesupps)
5 tablespoons of almond butter
4 tablespoons of maple syrup
4 tablespoons of almond milk (or dairy-free alternative)
1. In a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients and combine (oat flour and vegan protein).
2. In another mixing bowl add your wet ingredients and combine (almond butter, maple syrup and almond milk).
3. Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and combine.
4. Empty your mixture into a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and press down firmly until flattened.
5. Place in freezer to set for 30 minutes before taking out of baking tray and cutting into little squares.
Store in fridge and consume within 2 weeks.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats