my current fave combo
Moist, rich chocolate and orange gooey muffins with a chocolate and orange almond butter filling. Sound good to you?
Yes i am still loving Pip and Nut Chocolate Orange Almond Butter so thought i’d add a dollop in each muffin to make them extra gooey (and yes a little messy to eat). Sainsbury’s currently have it on offer so run there IMMEDIATELY.
They’re super quick and easy to make and completely free from dairy and eggs, making them the ultimate compulsory vegan treat if you ask me.
makes 12 muffins
takes approx. 30 minutes
the zest and juice of 1 orange
6 teaspoons of pipandnut chocolate orange almond butter (omit if you can’t get hold of any)
1 teaspoon of orange extract
40g cacao powder
200ml unsweetened almond milk
150ml maple syrup
140g wholemeal flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
45g dairy free chocolate chips
12 muffin cases
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. In a mixing bowl add your wet ingredients. These being your orange zest and juice, orange extract, almond milk and maple syrup.
2. In another mixing bowl add your dry ingredients. These being your cacao powder, wholemeal flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
3. Gently pour your dry ingredients into the wet and combine thoroughly.
4. Fold in your chocolate chips and then empty approx 25g into each of the 12 muffin cases.
5. Next add 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate orange almond butter into the centre of each muffin.
6. Pour over approx another 25g into each muffin over the almond butter.
7. Bake in oven for 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Let cool before drizzling with some more chocolate orange almond butter obviously!
Store in an airtight container and consume within 3 days.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats