it’s avocado season
You know those share tub of brownies that M&S do? Well bake up a batch of these brownies and you’ve not only got a vegan equivalent, you have a healthier gluten free version that has hidden greens in. Plus I actually think they taste nice!
Completely free from dairy and eggs these brownies are easy to make and can be in your mouth within half an hour.
I love hiding veg in bakes and people not even noticing. You can rarely taste the vegetables that are secretly inside, they just create the perfect consistency in your recipes. And obviously make them tonnes healthier!
makes approx. 16 brownies
takes approx. 25 minutes
1 large avocado
45ml coconut oil (melted)
230g oat flour (blitz oats in food processor until fine, use GF if required)
40g of cacao powder
50g of coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
180ish ml of unsweetened almond milk (or dairy free alternative)
100g chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and grease your square baking tin with a bit of coconut oil.
2. In a food processor blitz your coconut oil, avocado and almond milk.
3. Next add your oat flour, cacao powder,coconut sugar, salt and baking powder. Blitz until combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and evenly empty your mixture into your baking tin.
5. Bake in oven for approx. 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let cool and cut into bitesize pieces.
Store in an airtight container and consume within 3 days.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats