back with more shroomdogs
feeds 2 people
takes approx. 35 minutes in total.
6 veggie sausages (I used caramelised onion shroomdogs from Sainsburys)
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 can of butterbeans or cannelloni beans (drained and rinsed)
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon of chilli powder
5 shallots (diced)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 handful of breadcrumbs
1/2 glass of red wine
125 ml vegetable stock
2 pinches of chilli flakes
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. In a pan over a medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and fry your shallots for a few minutes.
3. Next add one garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary, paprika and chilli powder and combine.
4. Pour in your red wine. Simmer until nearly evaporated.
5. Next add your chopped tomatoes, butterbeans and vegetable stock. Combine.
6. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch chilli flakes. Gently simmer for 10 minutes before adding your sausages.
7. Empty your sausage mixture into a ovenproof dish and put to one side.
8. In a another saucepan add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary and a pinch of chilli flakes.
9. Combine and add your breadcrumbs. Fry for a couple of minutes until golden brown.
10. Pour your breadcrumbs over your sausage mixture and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
11. Serve with veg of choice.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats