another dessert that went down a treat with the fan
No baking required, these vegan treats are rich, dense and delicious. The chocolate layer compliments the peanut butter base so well. Anything peanut butter related I am sold. If you follow my Instagram (@whatluceeats) you’ll see I am obsessed with nut butters, and incorporate them into my meals any way that I can. Savoury or sweet. Get a batch of these made and treat your loved ones. My mums boyfriend who rarely eats desserts was a massive fan. His praise is always one of my favourites. Slowly giving him a sweet tooth.
makes 9 bars
takes approx. 90 minutes
200g oat flour (blitz oats in food processor)
230g smooth peanut butter (I used pip and nut)
5 tablespoons of maple syrup
4 tablespoons of coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
300g dark chocolate
1. Grease a square baking tin and put to one side.
2. In a mixing bowl, add your oat flour, peanut butter, maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and your vanilla extract.
3. Combine thoroughly. I find it easier to use my hands and get a little messy (please just make sure they’re clean before hand haha!).
4. Empty your dough into the baking tin and push down firmly to flatten.
5. Place the fridge to set for approx. 60 minutes.
6. Melt your dark chocolate plus the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a microwave or however you wish, and pour the mixture over your base.
7. Sprinkle with some more salt if you desire, and place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
8. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge and consume within 3 days.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats