Just in time for Halloween
okay so it may have taken me a few weeks to get my hands on some pumpkin puree but I’ve finally found some! and I found a WholeFoods literally 10 minutes up the road in the process. Which is going to be dangerous to the bank account.
These muffins are healthy in ingredients and a perfect breakfast or snack idea for on the go. Bake a batch on a sunday and you’re sorted for the week ahead!
They’re completely free from dairy and eggs, plus they can be gluten free should you use gluten free oats. The cinnamon adds a lovely autumnal flavour, plus the crunch from the apple chunks is divine!
makes 8 Muffins
takes approx. 30 minutes
225g pumpkin puree
100ml almond milk
100ml maple syrup
1 apple (cut into small chunks)
2 tablespoons of flaxseed (optional)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and grease your muffin tin with a bit of coconut oil.
2. In a mixing bowl combine your wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract).
3. In another mixing bowl add your dry ingredients (oats, flaxseed, baking powder and cinnamon).
4. Empty your dry ingredients into your wet and stir until combined.
5. Fold in your apple chunks and split the mixture between 8 muffin cases.
6. Bake in oven for 20 minutes, before allowing to cool before eating.
Store in an airtight container and consume within 3 days.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats