this chocolate and pumpkin combo though
There’s no better way to start the day than with a big stack of pancakes. Completely free from eggs, dairy and gluten if you use gluten free oats. These pancakes are dense, cake like and melt in your mouth. They take minutes to make and you can even make up a batch and freeze them for mornings when you’re in a rush but craving pancakes. Using pumpkin puree and cinnamon to give the colour and autumnal flavours, this stack can be devoured for breakfast, lunch or even dessert.
I topped mine with nush foods caramel and hibiscus yoghurt which is sooo dreamy, I recommend. Plus a drizzle of nut butter with a sprinkle of granola (deliciously ella’s, which is gluten free also). Yes I went majorly OTT and they taste delicious without all of this. But this girl loves her toppings!
Makes 4 chunky pancakes
takes 15 minutes in total.
90ml unsweetened almond milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
125g pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 scoop of chocolate vegan protein
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1. Simply add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until combined.
2. Let the pancake mixture sit for 5 minutes to let it thicken.
3. Heat a non stick pan over a medium heat and add a spoonful of coconut oil.
4. Add a few spoonful’s of mixture (spread apart) into the pan and flip over after a couple of minutes. The trick is to drop your mixture into the pan from a height to get even pancakes.
5. Cook on other side for a couple of minutes and then empty onto plate and stack.
6. Top with all of your favourites.
Share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats