Tiffin with a twist
No baking required here kids, which means these tiffins are super quick and easy to make. They just need a little hand from your fridge to set.
Seedandbean kindly gifted me some of their delicious vegan chocolate. I demolished the hazelnut flavour in seconds, and used the espresso flavour to give these tiffins a coffee twist.
The texture is dreamy, and they’re the perfect accompaniment to a cuppa tea.
Completely free from dairy and eggs, let me know how you get on with these vegan espresso tiffins!
makes 8 portions
takes approx. 80 minutes
320g dates (soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes and drained)
100g peanut butter
1 teaspoon of espresso powder
25g cacao powder
100g crushed vegan biscuits (I used Tesco Oatie’s)
60g almonds (roughly chopped)
170g chocolate (I used seed and bean espresso fine dark chocolate
1. In a food processor blitz your drained dates, peanut butter, espresso powder and cacao powder until a paste is formed.
2. Empty paste into a mixing bowl and fold in your crushed biscuits, raisins and chopped almonds.
3. Line or grease a square baking tin and empty your mixture into it.
4. Flatten the mixture down firmly.
5. Melted your chocolate in a microwave, and then pour onto your tiffin.
6. Place in fridge to set for 60 minutes before slicing and enjoying.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge, and consume within 3 days.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats