the perfect weekend breakfast recipe
No better way to start the day than with a stack of pancakes, especially those of the blueberry variety.
They’re fluffy, fruity and the maple syrup berry combo is so so dreamy. Free from dairy and eggs, these blueberry pancakes are simple to make so get stacking.
makes 5 small pancakes (serves 1 person)
takes approx. 15 minutes
150g plain/wholewheat flour (use gluten free if required)
140ml dairy free milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1/2 banana (mashed)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
80g fresh blueberries
oil of choice
1. In a mixing bowl add your flour and baking powder.
2. In another mixing bowl, combine your milk, maple syrup, banana and vanilla extract.
3. Slowly pour your wet ingredients into your dry until combined.
4. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes before folding in 70g of your blueberries.
5. Heat a non stick pan over a medium heat and add a tablespoon of oil of choice.
6. Add a few spoonful’s of mixture (spread apart) into the pan and flip over after a couple of minutes. The trick is to drop your mixture into the pan from a height to get even pancakes.
7. Cook on the other side for a couple of minutes, and then empty onto plate and stack.
8. Top with all of your favourites.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats