Back with another banana bread recipe
This banana bread is dense and moist, and so quick and easy to make. It is washed down beautifully with a cuppa tea. Completely free from eggs and dairy, you can also make it gluten free by using gluten free oats or buckwheat flakes and gluten free flour.
Let me know how you get on!
Makes 1 loaf
takes approx. 60 minutes
3 bananas (mashed)
20g flaxseed (optional)
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
100ml of dairy free milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
20ml maple syrup
40ml of coconut oil (melted)
40g coconut sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
150g whole grain flour (use gluten free if required)
3 tablespoons of cacao powder
100ml boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F, and grease a loaf tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all of the wet ingredients including mashed bananas, and except from the boiling water.
3. Next add your dry ingredients apart from the cacao powder.
4. Mix together your cacao powder and boiling water in a small bowl.
5. Split your banana bread mixture equally in half into two separate bowls, and pour your cacao powder mixture into ONLY one of them and combine. You will now have a chocolate mixture and a non-chocolate one.
6. Adding a spoonful of each mixture at a time (e.g one chocolate followed by one non-chocolate and repeat), fill up your loaf tin.
7. Use a knife and swirl the mixtures together for a few seconds. Don’t over swirl!
8. Bake in oven for approximately 50 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
9. Let cool before taking out of tin.
Store in airtight container and consume within 5 days.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats