a healthy breakfast recipe coming right up
Sorry that it has been so long since I posted a new recipe. Christmas was super busy and i was lucky enough to be overseas enjoying some winter sun and much needed rest. I’m feel recharged and ready to be back providing you guys with some tasty new recipes.
These Mini Granola Bowls are super easy to make and you’ll probably have most the ingredients already. If you are like me, and often have no time to make breakfasts in the morning then these can be made for the week ahead and simply grabbed out of the fridge before you run out the door.
Completely free from dairy and eggs, these vegan delights can be topped up with all of your favourites. Fruit and yoghurt are a fabulous combo.
makes 9 bowls
takes approx. 30 minutes
2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons of flaxseed and 4 tablespoons of water left to sit for 10 minutes)
60ml melted coconut oil
100g smooth peanut butter
2 tablespoons of cacao powder
20g desiccated coconut
75g tablespoons almond flour (blitz almonds in a good processor)
60g chopped walnuts or pecans
dairy free yoghurt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and line a cake tray with cake liners.
2. In a food processor or by hand, mix together the coconut oil, peanut butter and flax eggs.
3. Next add the oats, cacao powder, desiccated coconut, almond flour and chopped nuts.
4. Mix well, and split between the 9 muffin cases and flatten on the base and up the sides to create a bowl.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes before letting cool and filling with yoghurt and topping with fruit.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge, and consume within 5 days.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats