now this a combo you cannot miss!
These are one of the simplest things to make and are perfect for lunch and even lunch boxes. Plus fab for catering for parties of large groups. Hello buffet!
The pesto and cheese combination is heavenly. And guess what, they’re vegan! Yes, using Sacla’s dreamy free from green pesto, and Follow your Heart’s delightful vegan cheese they’re perfect for those plant based people out there. (links below)
They can be on the table in half and hour, and devoured in 2 minutes. Get the kids involved, as they’re super fun to make so get twisting!
makes 12 twists
takes 30 minutes
for the “egg wash”
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
4 tablespoons of dairy free milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. Sprinkle some flour on your work surface and lay one puff pastry sheet flat.
3. Spread the pesto all over the puff pastry taking it up to every edge, then sprinkle the cheese all over evenly.
4. Gently lay the second puff pastry sheet on top and cut into 12 strips.
5. Line some baking trays (I needed 4!) with some parchment paper, and then taking one strip at a time, holding each end with each hand gently twist until there is about six twists in each.
6. Leave enough space in between each one, and combining the maple syrup with the dairy free milk, use this as an egg wash to wipe each twist.
7. Sprinkle with a pinch more of the dairy free mozzarella, and bake in oven for 25 minutes.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats