now this a flavour combination not the be missed
Blueberries and lemons are a match made in heaven. So why not use the flavours in a banana loaf. This recipe has the same backbone as my Banana Walnut Loaf which got an amazing response from the blog. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it ay! (just amend it slightly to create something equally delicious!)
Completely free from dairy, eggs and honey, this vegan loaf is super easy to make. That’s what I love about banana loaves, you can simply throw everything into a bowl and bake.
It’s dense and moist, just how banana loaf should be, plus the blueberry yoghurt on top makes it perfect to slice up, and serve for breakfast. Or wash a slice down with a cuppa tea for a delicious snack. What are you favourite things to put in a banana loaf? Comment below, and I’ll get creating your favourites.
Makes 1 loaf
takes approx. 55 minutes
Please note the below quantities are for a 1lb (smaller) banana loaf disk. Multiply amounts by 2 if using a standard dish
2 large or 3 small bananas (mashed)
20g flaxseed (optional)
100ml of dairy free milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
65ml of coconut oil (melted)
20ml maple syrup
45g light brown sugar
50g oats zest of 1 lemon juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
150g whole grain flour (use gluten free if required)
Nush blueberry yoghurt fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F, and grease a loaf tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine mashed bananas, dairy free milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon zest (save 1 tablespoon for decoration) and lemon juice.
3. Next add your flaxseed, light brown sugar, oats, baking powder, salt and whole grain flour.
4. Empty mixture into loaf tin and cover with foil. Make sure the foil is fitted loosely as the loaf will rise as it bakes.
5. Bake in oven for approximately 50 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
6. Let cool before taking out of tin. Spread on your blueberry yoghurt, and decorate with fresh blueberries and the remaining blueberry zest.
Store in airtight container and consume within 5 days.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats