back with another Banana Loaf
Well I think it’s safe and I’m proud to say that I have finally mastered the backbone of a vegan banana loaf recipe! And now I am going to make SO many different flavour combos, you’re going to LOVE IT. Make sure you also check out my Lemon and Blueberry Banana Loaf , Banana and Walnut Loaf. and if you want one with extra protein, check out my Salted Caramel Pecan Banana Loaf. Comment on this post for whatever types of banana loaf you’d like me to try!
Now for my chocolate lovers, heres a choc chip version, which I can confirm it is moist, and the combination of banana and chocolate is absolutely heavenly. You’re going to love it!
Again, like the others, this loaf is completely free from dairy, eggs and honey. It’s another ‘throw it all in a tin and bake’ recipe, so what’s your excuse not to make it? And please don’t tell me it’s because you don’t like chocolate. Because I’m not sure if we can be friends.
Makes 1 loaf
takes approx. 55 minutes
Please note the below quantities are for a 1lb (smaller) banana loaf disk. Multiply amounts by 2 if using a standard dish
3 ripe bananas
20g flaxseed (optional)
100ml of dairy free milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
65ml of coconut oil (melted)
20ml maple syrup
45g light brown sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
150g whole grain flour (use gluten free if required) 80g chocolate chips (used dairy free if required)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F, and grease a loaf tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine 2 mashed bananas, dairy free milk, coconut oil and maple syrup.
3. Next add your flaxseed, light brown sugar, oats, baking powder, salt and whole grain flour.
4. Gently fold in chocolate chips, and empty mixture into loaf tin. Slice the 3rd banana in half lengthways and push into top of mixture. Cover with foil. Make sure the foil is fitted loosely as the loaf will rise as it bakes.
5. Bake in oven for approximately 50 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
6. Let cool before taking out of tin, slicing and enjoying!
Store in airtight container and consume within 5 days.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats