The recipe you’ve all been asking for….
This recipe proves how easy it is to create your own granola, that will last you the whole week and is free from the high sugar content, that the majority of supermarket granolas boast.
So 20 spare minutes on a sunday evening to prep your breakfasts for the whole week, which will save you money (supermarket granolas are super steep in price!), ensure you’re getting a healthy start to the day and taste amazing. No brainer!
This granola is free from refined sugars, dairy and gluten (if you use GF oats or buckwheat flakes). Plus there are many different ways you could incorporate this granola into your breakfasts or snacks:
- Graze on it plain from the jar
- Add your favourite dairy-free milk
- Eat with dairy free yoghurt topped with fruit
So a protein and fibre packed breakfast which is free from refined sugars and tastes divine, and keeps you feeling full right up to lunchtime. Let me know how you find it – and what you ate it with. Enjoy!
takes approx. 20 minutes
80g almonds (chopped)
60g pumpkin seeds
40g cashews (chopped)
40g hazelnuts (chopped)
2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
50g desiccated coconut
60g oats (use gluten-free if required)
35g chopped dates
30g buckwheat flakes (optional – I just had some to use up!)
25g cacao powder ( I used Indigo Herbs)
1/4 teaspoon of salt
50ml of coconut oil
40ml of maple syrup
1.Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. In a food processor add your almonds, cashews, hazelnuts and blitz until crumbly. You want some larger chunks as well.
3. In a large bowl empty your crushed nuts, and add pumpkin and sunflower seeds, chopped dates, desiccated coconut, oats, buckwheat flakes, cacao powder and salt (basically all of the dry ingredients). Combine.
4. Next add your coconut oil and maple syrup, and mix evenly until all of the dry ingredients are coated.
5. Spread out on a baking tray lined with baking paper and put in oven for 10 minutes.
6. Give your granola a shake/stir and place back in oven for a further 10 minutes.
7. Let cool, and store in airtight container for 7-10 days. Eat however you wish. My favourite combination is with strawberry Nush yoghurt, with some added chocolate chunks!
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats