vegan vanilla and berry heaven
3 layers of tastiness, all completely vegan and packed with protein. It may look a dessert only kinda recipe, but I can confirm you can eat these babies for breakfast too!
The base made from two simple ingredients, which I always use to create the bases of cheesecakes and tarts. Dates and nuts! When combined they bind together perfectly.
And now for the best part (in my opinion), the ‘cheesecake’ layer, which is made thick by the creamy cashew nuts, and flavoursome by Missfits vegan vanilla protein powder. The flavour is incredible, and the ingredients are all natural.
Topped with some delicious warm stewed blueberries, make sure you get a bit of each component on every mouthful. You’re going to love this one! Make the first two layers ahead of time, and leave the glasses in the fridge. And simply top with the berries when ready to eat.
makes 2 servings
takes 90 minutes maximum
For the base
60g walnuts or pecans
60g chopped dates
For the filling
25g of vanilla protein (I used missfits)
75g cashew nuts (soaked in boiling water for 1 hour) 200g coconut yoghurt 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
For the topping
60g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1. First, in a food processor blitz your walnuts and dates until a crumble is formed. Add the mixture to the base of your jars/glasses.
2. Clean food processor, drain the cashew nuts, and add them to the food processor along with the protein powder, yoghurt and maple syrup. Blitz until the cashew nuts have broken down, and a thicker mixture is formed.
3. Fill the jars/glasses nearly up to the top with the cheesecake like mixture.
4. Next, add blueberries and maple syrup to a saucepan over a medium heat and let simmer for a few minutes.
5. Top your jars/glasses with the stewed blueberries and enjoy!