These will make your tastebuds tingle….
Tempeh is my new jam. So let’s make some roasted cauliflower and tempeh tacos right? I love how you can marinade it to taste how you wish. It’s packed with protein and a great source for those following a plant based diet. Or if you just love the taste.
I recommend marinading the tempeh cubes overnight in the fridge so let them drink up all the spices. But if you’ve forgotten then don’t worry, just marinade and go. They’ll be delicious either way.
Pairing the tempeh cubes with probably one of my favourite vegetables. Cauliflower. Cut into tiny florets and roasted in paprika, it’s the perfect accompaniment for the tempeh and rest of the tacos.
For the taco assembly, start by warming up your tacos/tortillas or whatever you want to use/call them. I warmed mine up on a griddle pan to get the charred lines, but feel free to just chuck in the microwave or oven. Next, layer up with some creamy smashed avocado, which adds a beautiful refreshing taste to the dish. Load up with your roasted tempeh, cauliflower and sliced red cabbage for some colour and crunch. And finally, finish by crumbling some feta (or dairy free feta to keep them vegan – I get mine from Sainsbury’s) , freshly sliced green chilli and some coriander.
These tacos are perfect for the whole family. They’re full of flavour and goodness, and can even be eaten cold. So make them in advance, and have them for a picnic/ or lunch on the go. And most importantly, let me know what you think!
takes approx. 30 minutes
For the Tempeh
1 block of tempeh chopped into small cubes (I use Impulse Tempeh’s classic flavour)
1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of garlic granules
1/4 teaspoon of chilli flakes
1/2 teaspoon of oregano
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
3 tablespoons of oil (I used Raw Vibrant Living’s EVOO)
For the rest
1 cauliflower head – cut into tiny florets
1 tablespoon of paprika
drizzle of EVOO
tacos (I used wholemeal ones)
dairy free feta (I used Sainsbury’s)
2 avocados (mashed)
1/4 red cabbage (sliced)
green chilli (finely sliced)
1. Firstly, start by marinading your tempeh by combining all of the spices and oil. Add tempeh pieces and coat evenly. Place in fridge ideally overnight, but you can just cook straight away.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F, and line two baking trays. Season cauliflower florets with paprika and a drizzle of oil, before scattering on one of the baking trays. Scatter tempeh cubes on the other, and place both trays in oven to bake for 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mash the avocados and add salt, and juice from the lemon.
4. Load tacos up by smothering with the smashed avocado, then add cauliflower and tempeh pieces.
5. Add some sliced cabbage, and crumble feta on top.
6. Season with chilli flakes, sliced green chillis, and fresh coriander.
Enjoy! – share and tag your creations with me on Instagram @whatluceeats